Teacher training courses
As Bradford’s leading ITE provider we offer a range of teacher training courses that cover Primary, Secondary and Post-Secondary sectors. Our students enjoy a tailored learning experience fully supported by a dedicated team of tutors and school/college-based mentors. We have a strong tradition of producing effective practitioners grounded in educating children and adults in a multi-ethnic world. We have excellent employability rates for our graduates with over 80% directly entering the teaching profession.
The latest Ofsted inspection report for the Initial Teacher Education (ITE) Partnership at the college has rated our provision as Good. The report in August, following the inspection in June, found that we provided good outcomes for trainees, good quality training across the partnership and also assessed the leadership and management to be good.
Our full- and part-time undergraduate and postgraduate courses are validated by the University of Bolton or EdExcel unless otherwise stated.
- Primary Education BA (Hons) with Qualified Teacher Status
- Primary PGCE
- Teaching and Learning in the Primary Phase BA (Hons) with QTS (Top-Up)
Secondary (11-16) Secondary Biology; Chemistry; Citizenship; Computer Science; English; Mathematics; Health and Social Care Vocational Subjects; Media Studies; Modern Foreign Languages; Physics; Psychology; Religious Education; Social Science PGCE
Find out more about PGCE Secondary teaching by reading our Frequently Asked Questions.
QTS Assessment Only
Our outstanding team
- Dave Howard - Head of McMillan Faculty of Education
- Kirstin Sawyer - Head of School for Education & Professional Studies
- Clare Wolfenden - Head of School: Initial Teacher Education
- Jacqui Vaughan - Head of School: Partnership, Quality and Development
- Hilary Woodhead - Post-secondary Education and Training MTR
- Liz Flintoft - PGCE Primary Course Leader
- Andy Thorpe - PGCE Secondary Course Leader
- Janet Oosthuysen - BA (Hons) Primary Education with Qualified Teacher Status Course Leader
- Paul Rees - BA (Hons) Teaching and Learning in the Primary Phase with Qualified Teacher Status Course Leader