FE Initial Teacher Education (ITE) Bursaries
In addition to a supportive learning environment, you could be eligible for a bursary. Initial Teacher Education (ITE) bursaries are available for those training to teach priority subjects in the Further Education sector.
The ITE bursaries are available for 2022/23 academic year and will be awarded to trainees* based on their qualifications or professional experience, along with their intention to teach in the FE sector.
We have generous bursaries available for the subjects below.
Bursaries are available in the subjects listed below:
|Science, including Biology, Chemistry, and/or Physics||£26,000|
|Engineering (and/or manufacturing)||£26,000|
|Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)||£15,000|
Certain criteria applies in order to be eligible for the bursaries:
- You must be eligible to receive student support
- You have achieved a standard equivalent to GCSE grade 4 (C) or above in English and mathematics, and at least a level 3 qualification in their subject of training (or have appropriate professional experience).
- You should be taking a qualifying pre-service ITE course in England
- You should not already be in possession of a diploma in education and training (DET), DETcompliant qualification or equivalent
- You should not already hold, or be eligible to receive, early years teacher status (EYTS), qualified teacher status (QTS) or qualified teacher learning and skills (QTLS) status
- You should not be undertaking paid teaching work which contributes to their training when in receipt of the bursary
- You should not be simultaneously undertaking any other ITE course, training scheme or programme that leads to a DET or DET-compliant qualification
- You should meet other related expectations, including intending to seek an FE teaching post in England after qualification