Bradford College is fully responsible for its own management, administration and governance.
This has been the case since Colleges were first incorporated by the Government in 1993, through the Further and Higher Education Act.
The Executive Leadership team report to a governing body called a Corporation.
Our Corporation is made up of representatives from local business and local communities. It also includes some staff and student members.
The Corporation members have a role similar to that of a Governor or a member of a Board of Directors.
Broadly speaking, they are responsible for:
- approving, reviewing and monitoring the educational character and mission of the College, its services and academic activities
- formulating and monitoring the medium and long term strategy of the College
- assuring the overall ethos of the College and how it conducts its business
- ensuring the College’s financial solvency
This is achieved through a committee structure which encompasses all aspects of College life and experience.
In line with charity legislation our Corporation members are unpaid.
Contact the Corporation
To contact any of the members or to find out more about becoming a member, please email: [email protected].
Interested in being a Bradford College governor?
The Corporation is currently seeking to engage 4 additional Governors with experience in the following areas to strengthen the membership and also support succession planning:
- Audit and with a willingness to take on the role of Audit Committee Chair
- Teaching and learning and with a willingness to be a member of our Quality & Standards Committee
We are also looking for:
- A local employer with a willingness to be a member of our Quality & Standards Committee.
- A senior finance professional willing to be a member of our Finance & General Purposes Committee.