|Course type||Fund provider||Age||Type of funding|
|Further Education||Education and Skills Funding Agency||16 to 18||Bursary|
The Premium Bursary is part of Bradford College’s Learner Support Fund.
It’s to help you with the cost of studying.
If you are eligible, you could get up to £1,200. It’s a grant, so you don’t have to pay it back.
You need to be one of the following:
- in Local Authority Care (as defined by the Children Act 1989)
- a care leaver (as defined by the Children Act 1989)
- getting Income Support or Universal Credit payments in your own name because you are financially supporting yourself, or financially supporting yourself and a dependent living with you, such as a child or partner
- getting Employment Support Allowance (ESA) or Universal Credit in your own name and Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payments (PIPs) in your own name.
- 16 or 17 years old and an unaccompanied Asylum Seeker in the care of the Local Authority – if your immigration status has not been settled by the time you are 18, support from the Premium Bursary will stop even if this is partway through your course
- be aged 16, 17 or 18 on the appropriate date
- be enrolled on a funded course
- show evidence of household income/benefits
- meet the residence requirement
- attend your classes
Read the guide below to see if you are eligible:
How to apply
Apply as soon as you’ve enrolled on your course. If you wait you may lose out on money.
THIS IS THE MAIN WAY WE WILL BE TAKING APPLICATIONS. You can log into the Bursary Portal using your Bradford College Microsoft User ID and password, complete the short application form and upload the supporting documents you are asked to provide. As soon as your application has been assessed you will be able to see your bursary award letter and details of your award on the PayMyStudent Portal.
In exceptional circumstances, if you cannot complete your bursary application on-line your application can be completed in person.
A member of staff will go through the bursary application process with you.
Visit: FE Student Funding, Student Services, Ground Floor, David Hockney Building
Student Services Triage Desk, Trinity Green Building