Skip to main content
Bradford College

Further Education Tuition Fees

If you are 19 years old or over you may need to pay fees for your Further Education studies.

Course fees depend on your age and course level.

You may be exempt from paying fees though, or eligible to pay a reduced fee – known as fee remission.

If you are aged 16, 17 or 18 and studying on a full-time or part-time Further Education course, you will not pay tuition or examination fees.

This covers all Further Education courses, functional skills for English and Maths courses.

You will need to pay for course costs such as books, stationery, special equipment, exams, registration fee, travel, meals and any other course-related activities.

Help towards these costs is available for many students.

16 – 19 Tuition Fund


Delivery hoursQualification typeFees 2019-20 (capped)
1-36Award (1-4)£99
37-100Award (5-12)£286
101-196Certificate (13-24)£550
197-292Certificate (25-36)£1,050
23-388Diploma (37-48)£1,050
389-580Diploma (49-72)£1,050
581-1060Diploma (73-132)£1,050
Type of qualificationFee 2019/20
GCE AS or A2-level£525
ESOL Award in Reading and Writing£349
ESOL Certificate in Speaking and Listening£349
ESOL non-accredited£3.20 per hour
Full cost courses – including learning for leisure courses (No CAP available)Price on arrival
SLDDNo charge
International feesFull commercial fee

All fees exclude exams, registration and administration charges. These fees apply to all learners, except those with full fee remission.

How to pay

You must have your bank details with you at enrolment.

You will be asked to make the first payment on the day you enrol. Our enrolment team will let you know the amount.

Fill in a direct debit form to start the rest of the payments a month after you start your course.

If you have student finance such as an Advanced Learner Loan in place, please bring proof – such as a letter – with you to enrolment. You will still need to fill in a direct debit form in case your loan is delayed.

If you have a sponsor or your employer is paying your fees, please provide us with an original letter on the company’s letter-headed paper.

Our fees team will get in touch by phone, email, or text if there are any issues.

If you choose to leave college or withdraw from your course, you will still have to pay your fees in full.

By signing your student learner agreement during enrolment, you are agreeing to enrol onto the course and accepting that the fees have to be paid either through student finance or an Advanced Learner Loan or by you.

Documents to show

If you do not have a British passport, you will need to bring a copy of:

  • Your visa
  • Your family/partner’s passport, if you have come on a family/spouse visa
  • Residence permit (photocopy both sides)

Please note:

  • You should have lived here for one year; asylum seekers or refugees for six months
  • If you are on a family/spouse via and have been here for less than one year, you will be covered by your partner, who will need to have been resident in the UK for at least one year

Fees policy

All students are expected to pay their fees at the time of enrolment.

We accept payments by cash, cheque and all major credit/debit cards as well as instalment payments by direct debit.  

 All courses costing £150 or less must be paid for in full at enrolment.

Instalment payments are allowed on courses costing over £150.

The initial payment will be 15% or £50 (whichever is smaller). The rest of the fee is payable over a maximum of 8 further direct debit payments during the course of your studies.

All fees must be paid before June (or the end of your course, if finishing earlier) to ensure payment is complete before the end of your studies, even if you are returning in the future.

Eligibility for funding for non-UK / EEA citizens depends on individual circumstance – please call us on 01274 088088 for more details.

You can read our FE Fees Policy here.