Money to help you study

Student finance: Undergraduate

Course type Fund providerType of funding
Higher Education: UndergraduateGovernmentLoan

You can now apply for student finance if you’re starting a full-time or part-time undergraduate course for the 2021-22 academic year.

You may be able to borrow money to help pay for tuition fees and to help with living costs.

You might get extra money on top of this if you’re on a low income, are disabled or have children, for example.

You start repaying once you earn over a certain amount. The size of your monthly repayments will depend on how much you earn, not what you owe.

Find out more on the Government’s student loans website.



How to apply

How to apply for student finance for the first time:

  1. Register online

    Create an account on the Government website.

  2. Fill in the application

    You’ll need your passport, bank details and National Insurance number.
    You don’t need a confirmed place at university or college before you can apply – use your first choice and change your details later if you need to.

  3. Provide evidence

    You will need to provide any evidence requested. If you don’t, it will delay your application.

Continuing students can also reapply by logging into your online account.

Your application can take up to six weeks to process, so apply now to make sure your funding is in place in time to start your course.

Need help? Speak to Bradford College’s HE Student Finance Team.

Last updated: 05 August 2021

We use cookies on this website to enhance your user experience For a complete overview of all cookies used please see your more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.