The only College in Yorkshire with a Boxing Academy and the most successful in the country with 7 college students getting on to the GB Boxing Program
Plus the only one with a GB coach in the country. We also have our own large and impressive boxing facility, with two boxing rings, multiple bag, skill and conditioning areas that were set up and used by a number of international Olympic teams preparing for London 2012 Olympic bouts
Mally MacIver Bradford College Boxing Head Coach and former amateur and professional boxer.
- AIBA 2 Star Coach. (equivalent to level 6 in coaching)
- England Boxing Performance Coach.
- GB Boxing Performance Coach.
A Coach with GB at World Championships last year at the AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships in Russia. He combines college with also being a Performance Coach with GB Boxing, helping to develop elite male and females in the Sport.
We have some current talent at Boxing Academy hoping to develop their skills and get into England & GB team.
But the aim is to get the boxer to the best of their ability from beginners to International.
A Successful list Boxers England Representatives and National champions plus now up and coming professionals
Just a few names who attended or attend college and the boxing academy.
- Jack Bateson Former Team GB Boxer Unbeaten Professional.
- Nicola Adams Former Team GB Boxer 2x Olympic Champion.
- Jade Ashmore Current GB Boxer European youth bronze medallist still represents college.
- Harris Akbar Currently Team GB Boxer European Silver Medallist still represents College.
- Ollie Simpson Former Team GB Boxer World Youth Champion.
- Connor Lofthouse Current Team GB Boxer
- Mo Ali Former Team GB Boxer Rio Olympian
- Billy Pickles National Champion unbeaten professional
- Amaar Akbar last year’s National finalists
- Saira Tabasum British University Champion now a Doctor at St James Hospital.
- Darren Tetley unbeaten professional in 20 fights World Boxing Organisation European Welter Title Holder
Mally has worked with a range of students from Bradford College and local schools since 2008 and has made measurable impacts on a number of college and local school / PRU / disability students.
Current Team GB boxing prodigy Harris Akbar, who studied sport at Bradford College’s Trinity Green campus said this about the academy:-
Harris Akbar, who recently won a silver medal at the U22 European Boxing Championships had this to say about the opportunities on offer at the College:
I am very proud to have been a student at Bradford College and proud to continue to represent the Bradford College Boxing Club. The boxing facilities at Bradford College are excellent and I owe the College, and especially Mally, a lot for helping me get to where I am today.