Bradford College wins lots of awards for our teaching and learning.
We are very proud of our staff and students, who do amazing things every day.
Our national excellence awards include:
- AoC Beacon Awards – we have won national awards for Equality & Diversity, Functional Skills, and Health and Safety
- NEF Innovation Awards – winner of the best example of a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths (STEM) course or training
- Buttle UK Quality Mark – winner of this standard for our commitment to young people in, or leaving care
- David Hockney Building – we were shortlisted for specialist construction awards: BIM4SME Awards, Concrete Society Awards, West Yorkshire LABC Building Excellence Awards and the Construction News Awards
- National Teaching Fellowship (NTF) Award – our sports coaching lecturer, Sam Messam, won this for excellence in teaching, scholarship or research
- Bradford Sports Awards 2018 – Mally McIver won ‘Coach of the Year’ for working with disadvantaged young people – we were nominated by GB Boxing to work with the UK Boxing Performance Foundation
- Oxford University’s Annual Inspirational Teachers Awards – our English Language & Literature Teacher, Adam Pothecary, won for being an inspirational role model
- The Royal Shakespeare Company (RSC) National Associate Schools Programme – the College was chosen as a ‘lead school to bring Shakespeare to young people
- Inspire mark – our women’s boxing was the first exceptional project of its kind to be recognised by the London 2012 Olympic Inspire programme
- National Union of Students Awards – winner of the Campaign of the Year
- Bradford Means Business Awards – building apprentice, Kieran Heptonstall, won Apprentice of the Year
- Association of Pharmacy Technicians UK Awards – Ben Smith, Pharmacy student, won Pre-registration Trainee Pharmacy Technician of the Year
- Association of British Dispensing Opticians Awards – four Bradford students were winners
- Guinness World record for the largest onion bhaji in the world – in 2011, our students worked with restaurant, Prashad, to smash the record… which is still held today!
- TES FE Award for the Outstanding Contribution to a Subject or Vocational Area and shortlisted for the award Employer Engagement
- The Hospitality Guild Silver Accreditation – for high-quality training and excellent Hospitality skills development
- British Gypsum Bronze Award – given to our plastering department for training excellence with a donation of materials worth £5,000