It’s been an exceptional year for students – but today (10 August 2021) their efforts were rewarded when they collected their A Level and BTEC results.
There was excitement and nerves when after months of hard work, learners arrived at Bradford College’s David Hockney Building or went online to finally discover their grades.
Find out more about students’ success on the Bradford Telegraph and Argus’ live round-up of today’s results: https://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/news/19502473.live-bradford-a-level-results-day-2021/
Individual success stories
Umair Mughal gained an A* in Biology a Level and two As in Chemistry and Physics. Speaking immediately after picking up his results, Umair said: “This is such a relief!
“The past year has been challenging, definitely, more than I thought it would be. I had no idea how well I’d do.”
He hopes to go to a university in the south of England, in particular a London university, to study medicine. After his qualification, he is considering a number of options including working in surgery at a hospital.
Amy Alinson is off to Leeds Beckett to study PE after gaining three Distinction stars in her BTEC in Sport. This is less than a month after she was recognised for Outstanding Contribution at Bradford College’s FE Student and Apprenticeship Awards.
After Amy received her award, Bradford College sport coach Farook Khan said: “Amy is the best student we’ve known for the last 10 years. She’s achieved the highest possible grades during her time with us.”
Just some of the students who collected results today were:
- Fezaan Jamil, who gained a Distinction star and two Distinctions for BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Applied Science
- Leah Osborne, who gained three Distinctions in her BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport and is off to Liverpool John Moores University to study PE
- Milan Bader, who gained three Distinction stars in his BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport and plans to study at Leeds Beckett University
- Aman Hussain, who gained a Distinction Star in his National Foundation Diploma in Applied Science
- Jon-Paul Hill, who finished his night shift at work to come straight to college and collect his results of three Distinction stars in his BTEC Extended Diploma in IT
- Momin Zamir, who passed his Level three BTEC in Construction Management and Civil Engineering
- Aaron Shaw gained a Distinction in his Extended Diploma in Performing and Production Arts. He now plans to study Filmmaking at Leeds Beckett University.
- Haris Shah, who passed his Level Three BTEC in Construction Management and eventually hopes to move into a career in site management or quantity surveying
- Hamza Sajad, who gained a pass in his Level 3 BTEC National Foundation Diploma in Construction Management and the Built Environment
- Oways Ahmad Ishaq, who plans to study Accountancy at the University of Bradford after gaining two Distinctions and a Merit in his BTEC Extended Diploma in Business
- Sophie Hodges, who was cheering after finding out she gained three Distinction stars and a Distinction in her Extended Diploma in IT. She is now off to study Criminology and Police Studies at Leeds Trinity University.
- Rachel Aitken and Timea Krokova, who both gained Merits for their Diploma in Performing and Production Arts, and Millie Scott, who gained a Distinction in the subject
- Natasha Hanif, who gained three Distinction Stars in her BTEC Extended Diploma in Business
If you want to start a university–level course this September and have taken some time out and would like to pick up your studies, or want to work towards a career change, now is an ideal opportunity for you to apply to study with us.
Clearing is a great way to secure a place on a full-time university-level course for September. Full information on the clearing process can be found on the UCAS website
If you still want to apply for higher education, or if you have already applied but changed your mind about your choices, you can use clearing to find a full-time course ready to start in September 2021.
Clearing is run by UCAS and you can apply for any of our full-time courses as long as you don’t already hold an offer from another university or college.
For more information visit https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/clearing-2021/
Get in touch
Call us on 01274 088099. Lines are open between 8am-7pm.