Our Level 2 Welding Skills course is designed for those wishing to build on existing knowledge and discover new welding techniques and welding skills. This course will allow candidates to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the engineering sector. You will be able to choose your preferred discipline and specialise in this chosen area.
Welders have never been in higher demand than they are right now. 2022 is the perfect time to start your career as a professional welder with our Expert Instructor Tony Carter. Tony has welded around the world, and is internationally recognised as one of the best in the business and we are so proud that he is part of our team.
Students will select from one of the following disciplines:
- Unit 201 Manual Metal Arc (MMA) welding
- Unit 203 Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding – aluminium
- Unit 204 Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding
- Unit 205 Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding
- Unit 206 Metal Fabrication
- Unit 207 Thermal Cutting Techniques
- Unit 208 Flux cored Arc Welding
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
For each qualification, candidates will be required to complete the following assessments:
- Five practical assignments and one oral knowledge test for each welding unit
- Three practical assignments and one oral knowledge test for the metal fabrication unit
- Three practical assignments and one oral knowledge test for the thermal cutting unit
This course provides knowledge and/or practical skills related to Engineering NVQs at Level 2. On completion of these qualifications, candidates may choose to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (2850)
- Level 3 Awards in Advanced Welding Skills (3268-03)
Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.