Level 3 Extended Certificate in Business
Edexcel Level 3 Extended Certificate in Business
Adult, School Leavers, Trade & Professional, Level 3
1 year Full-time
David Hockney Building
This is a vocational programme, where you will learn by completing assignments that are based on real workplace situations, activities and demands so you can develop a range of specialist skills and knowledge. This qualification is equivalent to one A Level.
You will develop :
- Research skills
- Study skills
- Organisational skills
- Working in groups
- Independent learning
- Use Business books to help you with your studies
- Use the computer in classes and to produce your assignments
- Use the Internet to obtain information for your course
- Use reference books in the library to do research for your course
- Use word-processing and spreadsheets
You will study 6 different units, two of which are externally assessed exams.
Unit 1 Exploring Business
Unit 2 Developing a Marketing Campaign
Unit 3 Personal and Business Finance
Unit 4 Managing an Event
Unit 8 Recruitment and Selection Process
Unit 27 Work Experience in Business
You will study 6 option units from the following:
- Business Accounting
- Market Research in Business
- Aspects of Employment Law
- Developing Teams in Business
- Aspects of Contract and Business Law
- Recruitment and Selection
- Aspects of Criminal Law Relating to Business
- Internet Marketing in Business
- Starting a Small Business
- Website Design Strategy
- Business Markets and the Economy
- Understanding Health and Safety
- Managing a Business Event
You will also study the Functional Skills Certificate which includes the study of Information Technology, English and Mathematics.
Entry to this course requires 4 GCSEs at a minimum of grade 4 or C or above (including GCSE English and Maths at a grade 3 or above).
You will be required to attend an academic interview prior to being offered a place.
English and/or Maths will be included in your timetable if you have not achieved a GCSE at grade 4 or above in these subjects when you start your course.
Successful completion of this course can lead to progression to further study or employment in the Business sector.
If you are 16 to 18 years old you won't have to pay tuition fees. If you're 19 or older you may need to pay a fee.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.