Certificate in Business
Edexcel Level 2 Certificate in Business
Adult, School Leavers, Level 2
1 year Full-time
David Hockney Building
The course will provide you with inspiration and enthusiasm for a career in business. By studying a broad range of business related subjects, you will be equipped to pursue a career path in disciplines such as marketing, finance, sales, retail or recruitment etc. You will be given the opportunity to develop skills, knowledge and understanding of each discipline within the business sector. Upon successful completion of the course, you will have a number of progression opportunities available including: Level 3 Business related courses; apprenticeships; NVQs and employment within a wide range of junior/assistant job roles across the business sector.
- Following verbal and written guidelines from tutors
- Case Studies
- Using course materials and notes
- Flipped learning via Moodle (virtual learning environment)
- Writing reports and assignments
- Creating and delivering presentations
- Class workshops
- Taking part in group work and discussions
You will develop technical skills including knowledge and understanding of work in a particular sector e.g. Finance, Employability Skills i.e self-management; team-working; business awareness; customer awareness; problem solving; communication; basic Literacy and Numeracy; positive attitude to work and the use of IT research and study skills, organisational Skills, functional skills and Independent learning.
The course is based on a Programme of Study which consists of:
- The vocational qualification itself
- Mathematics and English
- A Tutorial Programme and Enrichment
- Enterprise in the Business World
- Finance for Business (externally assessed)
Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Customer Service
- Sales and Personal Selling
- Recruitment, Selection and Employment
- Building Successful Business Teams
- Financial Planning and Forecasting
Entry to this course requires GCSE English and GCSE Maths at a grade 3.
Successful completion of this course can lead to progression to further study or employment in a Business related sector.
If you are 16 to 18 years old you won't have to pay tuition fees. If you're 19 or older you may need to pay a fee.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.