Digital Production and Design: Fast Track to T Level
Pearson Transition to T-Level in Digital Production and Design
School Leavers, Level 2
1 year Full-time
Explore the digital world and develop your knowledge and hands-on skills with our Digital Production and Design Transition to T Level programme. If you’re a School Leaver, aged 16 to 19, this course is your perfect stepping-stone to gaining real-world experience and knowledge needed to work in Digital Production and Design.
This course has been developed to meet the demands of employers. Computer Science now plays an important and essential part in our day-to-day dealing with computers at home, at college, and at work.
This course will be tailored to your needs and offer you the support and guidance that you need to progress onto further T-Level study or work in the Digital sector. You will understand key concepts such as cyber security, data protection as well as software and programming.
This course will prepare you to work in Digital Production and Design, if you’re interested in all things digital – this course will be tailored to you to help and support your progression.
While on the course you will learn how to use a variety of software to present your work, learn about computer systems, Computer Networking, website design and software development, as well as gain extensive work experience.
This is a 1 year course and is a 2.5 qualification and is designed to support students in being fully equipped to progress to a full T-Level course. Upon achievement of this qualification, you will be able to complete the full Digital T-Level.
The course will consist of five core components:
– Diagnostic and guidance support – At the start of the programme, individual students’ support needs are assessed and the course is then tailored to those needs.
– English and Maths – If students do not hold a grade 4 GCSE in both Maths and English, this course will aid those students to obtain the required grades.
– Work experience preparation – Students will be mentored to develop the behaviors, skills and confidence needed to complete the industry placement.
– Introductory technical skills – Through these technical skills, students will be able to prepare and understand the route that they wish to choose towards T-Levels.
– Pastoral support and personal development – Students are supported in all aspects of their health, as well as building up key personal skills such as resilience and motivation.
- The Online World
- Technology Systems
- Digital Portfolio
- Mobile Apps Development
- Computer Network
- Software Development
This course is for School Leavers, aged 16 to 19. If you do not have a grade 4 GCSE in Maths and English, this course will help you to obtain the grades required for further T-Level study.
This course will make sure that you are equipped with all the necessary technical skills, experience and attitudes to work in the digital sector. Your mentor will assess you throughout the course to make sure that you will successfully progress from this course onto further T-Level study or into work.
You will have the opportunity to complete a 6 week work placement that is tailored to your chosen T-Level route. As part of this course, you will be prepared with the skills and support to gain work experience in this area.
Successful completion of this course means that you will have gained the necessary experience and skills needed to progress onto further T-Level study on your chosen route.
If you are 16 to 18 years old you won't have to pay tuition fees.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.