Work Experience & Industry Placements
Work Experience and Industry Placements is a period of voluntary work in a sector a student is interested in pursuing after qualifying from college.
The aim of a work placement is to get hands-on experience allowing a student to apply their classroom knowledge practically in the workplace.
- The Work Placements Team engage with over 1500 local business and companies
- 93% of learners rated their satisfaction of work experience as good or above
- 99% of placement opportunities in college were organised by the work experience department
- 90% of L2 and L3 students completed or were scheduled to complete work experience in 2022/23.
The Industry Placement programme gives genuine and meaningful “on the job” training where a range of experiences can take place, such as: time keeping, commuting and interacting with colleagues as well as learning new skills from employees who have the knowledge and experience to pass to students. We work with a large variety of placement providers both regionally and nationally.
A placement allows you to:
- Develop soft skills such as teamwork and communication
- Gain confidence
- Develop a future career plan and clarify career goals
- Apply course material to the working world
- Widen knowledge of future career opportunities
- Develop your CV and/or UCAS
- Determine whether (or not!) the career is for you
- Make a good impression on a potential future employer
- Apply your knowledge and skills in a work setting
- Increase skills and competencies which are highly sought after by employers
- Give an insight into the way organisations operate and the challenges they face.
- Help you to understand a particular job or industry
Map out the route to your perfect career with Career Coach
We Work With