Our libraries are open
Librarians are available on Teams, Library Chat, and email from Monday to Thursday, 9am to 7pm, and Friday, 9am to 5pm.
If you are on campus you can come to the Library and ask for advice in person.
Term time opening hours from Monday 12 April 2021
David Hockney Library
Monday to Thursday: 9.00am to 7.00pm
Friday: 9.00am to 5.00pm
Trinity Green Library
Monday to Friday: 9.00am to 5.00pm
You can always contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org, through Teams or through our Library Chat service with any queries. More information on ways to contact us can be found here library.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/contactus
For up to date information about the Library Service visit Library News.
Borrowing and returning books
All return dates of current loans have been extended until 16th April 2021.
When your books are due back to the library, there are book return boxes either in the reception area of the David Hockney building, in the Library on the 2nd floor of the David Hockney building, or in the Success Centre at Trinity Green. Students can simply post the books they are returning in the boxes.
If you can’t get into College to return your books please contact us on email@example.com.
Our Covid safe measures mean library staff will quarantine returned books for a period of time before they go back on shelves or go out to other students
You can use Library Online to find information, contact details and links to resources.
We have a large collection of e-books, electronic journals and specialist databases to support your studies, available from Library Online at library.bradfordcollege.ac.uk.
Our pages are organised by subject so you can easily find the materials that you need.
In addition, for those books you cannot access electronically we are offering a Request Service allowing us to post the books you need out to you – please see our Library Online page for more information.
Library staff are available Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm:
- Follow @BradfordCollLib on Twitter for library news
- For a full list of ways to get in touch, click here: library.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/contactus
Speak to a subject librarian
Need help with your assignment?
Why not book a slot with one of our Academic Liaison Librarians? You can find their details on Library Online.
Academic Liaison Librarians can help you find a book or article, access an electronic resource, or learn how to reference correctly. You can book a session by email, telephone, in person, or via Microsoft Teams
Library Services Customer Charter
We will work to ensure that all our customers can benefit from the Library’s collections, services and expertise, by improving access and creating a welcoming environment, both onsite and online.
You can expect:
- excellent customer service from a friendly and knowledgeable staff
- equality of access to our services, resources and facilities
- a quality learning environment, conducive to study and research
- relevant, current and high-quality printed and electronic resources to support your study and research
- a professional enquiry service to help you use the library effectively
- your comments and complaints to be dealt with promptly and in confidence
- your feedback and ideas to be used to develop and review our services
We expect you to:
- make the most of the library resources and services
- give us feedback about the service so we can continually improve
- show consideration to other library users and staff
- take responsibility for items that you borrow or use in the library