Equality and Diversity is one of Bradford College’s core values.
We work to ensure that staff and students reflect the make-up of the local population and that students are prepared for work in diverse labour markets.
We encourage positive behaviour, and challenge all forms of negative behaviour and ideas.
Equality is making sure individuals or groups of individuals are treated fairly and equally specific to their needs, including areas of race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation and age.
Diversity aims to recognise, respect and value people’s differences to contribute and realise their full potential by promoting an inclusive culture for all staff and students.
Promoting equality and diversity
We promote equality and diversity by:
- challenging discrimination
- creating an inclusive culture
- working with local communities
- providing equal access to learning and enrichment activities
- helping staff and students reach their full potential
- supporting national campaigns
- treating all staff and students fairly
Help, support and advice
The following College services can help you:
- Student Services
- Disability Services and Learning Support
- Safeguarding & Wellbeing team
- Bradford College Students’ Union
- Counselling Service
Compliments, comments and complaints
It is important that we hear your concerns, and that we find out about and celebrate our diversity and achievements as a College.
Students, staff and other visitors can use our compliments and complaints process to ask for information or advice, to praise good practice, to tell us news or information, or to report a concern.
You can speak to your tutor or the Students’ Union, or email email@example.com.
The College does not tolerate bullying or harassment in any form.
We have trained staff able to respond to cases of abuse, including concerning young people under the age of 18 or vulnerable adults.
Equality and Diversity Committee
This Committee meets three times a year to discuss:
- compliance with the law
- development of our policies
- feedback from staff and students
- the promotion of diversity and equality
- the College environment
- community relationships
The Equality and Diversity Committee reports to the Senior Leadership team and the Corporation.
Policies and reports
All our policies and reports relating to equality and diversity are on our Policies page.