Pharmacy Accredited Checking Training (ACT)
Edexcel Pharmacy Accredited Checking Training (ACT)
Advanced Technology Centre
Our Pharmacy Accredited Checking Training course has the main aims of making sure that you are confident and clear in checking the accuracy of prescriptions, communicating potential errors and issues in dispensing and complying with current legislation and good practice in pharmacy. You will understand all of the processes and procedures required for accuracy in dispensing.
This course will:
- Increase your awareness and accuracy in dispensing before moving on to the checking role.
- Provide you with the knowledge and skills to successfully undertake accuracy checking duties.
- Provide you with the knowledge and skills to comply with current legislation, policy, good practice, organisational and professional codes of practice and ethical standards.
Upon successful completion of the course you will be accredited by Bradford College.
Entry to this course requires:
- Be a Registered Pharmacy Technician
- Have the requirement to check as part of your job role
- Be considered to have good dispensing accuracy by your workplace mentor
- Be able to check 1,000 items within a 4 month period of the course
- Have internet access to complete course
- Basic IT skills (the hardest task is attaching a document – like in an email)
- Have access to a workplace mentor who is an accredited checker or registered Pharmacist
- Be willing and able to commit 3-5 hours of personal study a week as this is a 55 Guided Learning Hour course
- Complete the course in 12 months
- Be able to ‘issue’ prescriptions and provide appropriate counselling information
For more information regarding enrolment and entry requirements, please contact our Special Projects Officer, Karen Piotr at [email protected].
For more information regarding the course, please contact our Pharmacy Skills Lead, Sam Bradshaw [email protected].
There is no requirement to visit the college as the entire course is delivered via our online portfolio system Ecordia. (Ecordia is a specialist e-portfolio solution for training centres, colleges and other education establishments. )
All submitted work will be assessed and internally verified by Pharmacy Technicians at Bradford College.
The course is delivered on a “roll on – roll off” basis therefore there is no designated start date.
£350 payable at time of enrolment.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.