NCFE CACHE Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
Adult, School Leavers, Level 2
David Hockney Building
This course will give you the knowledge and skills needed to work, whilst supervised, with children and young people from birth up to 19-years old.
You will need to be working, volunteering or on a practical placement to show that you understand and can demonstrate what you have learned.
This course covers information needed across a wide range of jobs that involve working in children’s settings including early years and social care.
This qualification is made up of:
11 mandatory units and 3 optional units chosen by your tutor.
- Introduction to communication in children’s and young people’s settings;
- Introduction to personal development in children’s and young people’s settings;
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in children’s and young people’s settings;
- Child and young person development;
- Contribute to the support of positive environments for children and young people;
- Contribute to children and young people’s health and safety;
- Safeguarding the welfare of children and young people;
- Understand partnership working in services for children and young people;
- Contribute to the support of child and young person development;
- Support children and young people’s positive behaviour;
- Maintain and support relationships with children and young people.
Entry to this course requires GCSE English Language and Maths at grade 2 or 3 or above.
Your knowledge will be assessed by your tutor in college, and skills will be will be assessed in your place of work.
If you are 16 to 18 years old you won’t have to pay tuition fees. If you’re 19 or older you may need to pay a fee.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.