Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services
NCFE Level 3 Diploma for Entry to the Uniformed Services
Adult, School Leavers, Level 3
2 years Full-time
Trinity Green Building
This course is suited to learners with a genuine interest in a career within the Uniformed Protective Services including: Fire, Police, Ambulance, Prison, Customs and the Armed Services (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines).
The qualification is intended to support progression to further study and accessing higher education. It is also equally suited for learners to progress to employment in the uniformed protective services. This course supports the shift towards increased graduate employment in the sector. The course is stimulating and varied, as it combines classroom-based study with exciting practical and outdoor activities, alongside numerous experiences with the uniformed services themselves.
It is expected you will cover between 30 to 60 hours work experience on the course. This will include a work placement with your chosen uniformed service where possible. Day visits, guest speakers / workshops and residentials with the Uniformed Services are all included within this. You will develop skills in:
- Improved Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Instructional / Coaching and Leadership Skills
- Ability to Work Independently and in a Team
- Academic Writing and Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Personal Presentation / Appearance
You will benefit from:
- Access to free health and fitness facilities at Bradford College
- Lecturers who have a large amount of experience and have worked in uniformed public services
- Exciting work experience opportunities as the College has excellent links to various Uniformed Public Services
- Progress coaches and intervention officers to support your journey to success through your programme of study
To be awarded the Level 3 Certificate for Entry to the Uniformed Services, learners are required to successfully complete 4 mandatory units and 2 optional units.
- Unit 01 – Prepare for a Career in a chosen Uniformed Service
- Unit 02 – Develop Aspects of Physical Fitness for Entry to the Uniformed Services
- Unit 03 – Develop Leadership Skills
- Unit 04 – Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Unit 09 – Telecommunications in the Uniformed Services*
- Unit 25 – Security Procedures in the Uniformed Services*
*Examples of optional units, the final units will be confirmed at induction.
Entry to this course requires 5 GCSEs at grade A-C/9-4, including GCSE English and Maths. As well as this, a related qualification e.g. BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Uniformed Public Services is preferable.
You will need a genuine interest in future careers in the uniformed services and / or Higher Education studies in related fields and a positive academic performance on previous college courses or at schools previously attended.
Your progress and work will be internally assessed and as well as an externally quality assured portfolio of evidence.
It is expected you will cover up to 160 hours work experience on the course. This will include specific placement on experiences with a range of uniformed services. Day visits, guest speakers / workshops and residentials with the Uniformed Services are all included within this timeframe and your tutors and our work placement officers will arrange these for you.
Successful completion of this course can lead to progression to further study as well as employment within the Uniformed Protective Services.
If you are 16 to 18 years old you won't have to pay tuition fees. If you're 19 or older you may need to pay a fee.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.