Travel, Aviation, Hospitality and Events
NCFE Level 3 Certificate in Travel, Aviation, Hospitality and Events
Adult, School Leavers, Level 3
1 year Full-time
David Hockney Building
The course provides you with a wealth of knowledge about the Travel, Aviation, Hospitality & Events sectors which will enable you to make informed choices about your onward career plans. We offer a variety of runways (at different levels) for you to take-off from.
You will study a range of subjects which will provide you with an insight and understanding of the many different areas of the industry, to help you find the career path that is right for you.
You can enrol for just the first year of this course.
- Business Travel
- Customer Service
- Worldwide Airlines
- Career Planning
- The UK Travel & Travel Industry
Entry to this course requires GCSE English and Maths at a minimum grade of 4 or C or a previous Level 2 qualification.
English and/or Mathematics will be included in your timetable if you have not achieved a GCSE at grade 4 or above in these subjects when you start your course.
The work you do on this course will be internally assessed but there will be a small number of online tests. Ongoing assessment takes place throughout the course to enable you to develop a portfolio of evidence.
Typical assessments will be in the form of:
- Group & Individual Work
- Practical Tasks and Roleplay Activities
- Professional Discussion
- Written Work
You will be required to undertake a period of work placement during your study which will be arranged by college on your behalf. You will have the opportunity to gain experience of front of house procedures in our Award-winning raining restaurant The Grove, managing and running the Front of House operations. As well as this, you will also take part in a mock live interview for a given role, and gain itinerary planning experience. You will also have the opportunity to take part in overseas work-based learning.
On completion of the course you may progress into employment or onto our NCFE Level 3 year 2 to continue your studies and to extend your industry knowledge and add to your UCAS points for University.
- Hotels: reception, sales, housekeeping & conference/events
- Leisure Attractions
- Pubs, Bars and Nightclubs
- Restaurants and Coffee Shops
- Self-catering and Holiday Centres
Event Management Careers:
- Conference Management
- Corporate Days Out and Product Launches
- Entertainment and Sporting Events
- Exhibition Management
- Fundraising/Charity Events
- Professional Sports Clubs
- Wedding and Party Planning
Travel & Tourism Careers:
- Cruise Companies
- Foreign Exchange Cashiers
- Resort Representatives
- Passenger Services (e.g. air, sea, rail and road) Travel and Tourism (e.g. hotels, travel agencies, tour operators, tourist information centers, attractions and adventure tourism)
- Airline Customer Service Agent
- Airport management
- Air Traffic Control
- Aviation Security
- Cabin Crew
- Fares & Ticketing Agents
- HM Border Police
- Passenger Service Agent
- Ramp Agent /Baggage Handler
You will also take part in a UK based study visits a mandatory requirement for the course in which details will be provided upon enrolment/interview fees are charged for trips and visits. Financial support may be available from college depending on your personal circumstances.
- Liverpool Airport
- Snowboarding/Lazer Tag
- Fly Me Cabin Crew Training Centre
- Dublin Day Tip
- Hotel Visit (previously done Oulton Hall, Hollings Hall, Holiday Inn, Cedar Court)
- Event Venue
- Business Travel Providers
- Chester Zoo – with Marketing Talk
- End of your Theme Park Trip
- Trips with Students’ Union
- Level 3 Overseas Trip (Previously done Holland, Spain, Portugal, Germany, France)
You will be expected to wear professional business attire to include black pants/skirt/dress and a collared black shirt provided by yourself. You will be expected to buy a scarf/tie from college on enrolment to compliment your business wear.
If you are 16 to 18 years old you won't have to pay tuition fees. If you're 19 or older you may need to pay a fee.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.