Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
City & Guilds Level 3 Diploma in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
Adult, Level 3
2.5 days a week
Bowling Back Lane
This level will suit you if you have a great deal of technical skills and knowledge and looking to gain more responsibility by supervising others, running your own business or moving to a diagnostic technician level. You work with minimum supervision and have a good record of safety, fault correction and ensuring work meets the required standard.
You will be able to practice and develop your skills in vehicle maintenance and repair.
- Health, Safety and Good Housekeeping in the Automotive Environment
- Supporting Job roles in the Automotive Work Environment
- Materials, Fabrication, Tools and Measuring Devices in the Automotive Environment
- Diagnosing and Rectifying Light Vehicle Faults
- Carrying Out Non-High Voltage Operations On, Near or With an Electric Vehicle
Entry to this course requires GCSE English and Maths at a grade 4 or above. As well as this, you must hold a Level 2 Motor Vehicle qualification.
Assessment includes practical tasks, oral/written questions as well as online tests.
A Level 3 qualification can lead to careers in:
- Light Vehicle/Heavy Vehicle/Motorcycle Diagnostic Technician
- FastFit Supervisor
- Owning your own automotive business
If you are 16 to 18 years old you won't have to pay tuition fees. If you are aged 19+ this course is currently funded via the Skills funding guarantee.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.