Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to learn and train in your chosen career as well as earning a regular pay packet. You will be given first-hand experience and learn the majority of the skills needed on the job, whilst also completing off-the-job training within college by day release.
This apprenticeship will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to carry out roles and responsibilities associated with the installation, maintenance and commissioning of refrigeration and air conditioning systems.
- Routine maintenance of refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump systems
- Fault diagnostics
- Installing components
- Planning the layout of pipework, ducts and control panels
- Legislation, Regulations and Standards
- Underpinning Principles & System fundamentals
- Safe working practices
- Control circuit application
- Mechanical operations
- Sustainable system operation
- Safety approach
- Strong work ethic
- Logical problem solver
- Focus on quality and personal responsibility
GCSE Mathematics and English at a minimum of Grade C/4 or Level 1 on the Literacy and Numeracy BKSB screening.
On completion, apprentices can look at jobs such as:
- Refrigeration Technician/Engineer
- Air Conditioning Technician/Engineering
- Heat pump Technician/Engineer
- Service Technician/Engineer
Apprenticeship Course Fees will be paid by your employer.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.