Level 3 Apprenticeship in Fire Emergency and Security Systems
Apprenticeships, Level 3
Little Germany Campus
Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to learn and train in your chosen career as well as earning a regular pay packet. You will be given first-hand experience and learn the majority of the skills needed on the job, whilst also completing off-the-job training.
This apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to begin a career within the varied and fast-paced electronic security industry. You will focus on the installation, maintenance and understanding of security alarm systems and their integration with other emergency systems such as CCTV surveillance and access control.
Typical tasks include:
- Discussing security plans with customers
- Installing and testing security systems
- Servicing installed systems and fault finding
- Working at heights and in confined spaces
The Fire, Emergency and Security Systems Technician
- Health and safety, codes of practice and safe working practices
- Installation and testing techniques
- Fundamental principles and quality processes
- Maintenance of fire, emergency, security systems and components
- How to store, retrieve, manipulate, transmit or receive data
- Compliance to environmental legislation
- Principles of high quality customer service
- How to communicate in a clear and appropriate manner
- Commercial risks and responsibilities
- Operate in a safe working manner
- Operate a range of ICT equipment and systems
- Take responsibility for own work and safety and welfare
GCSE English and Mathematics at a minimum of Grade C/4 or Level 1 on the Literacy and Numeracy BKSB.
Apprenticeship Course Fees will be paid by your employer.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.