Higher National Certificate in Social and Community Work
Pearson Higher National Certificate in Social and Community Work (Integrated Health and Social Care)
University, Level 4
1 year Full-time, 2 years Part-time
Full-time or Part-time
*Subject to approval*
This HNC offers is designed to help you succeed in the social care sector. You will have the opportunity to study a range of topics related to social care, mental health, socialogical approches, youth and community work and health. A placement gives you valuable work experience and builds your practical skills to help ensure you secure employment once the course is complete. The course is also an ideal pathway to further study at a higher level. Our staff are experienced and innovative, creating a supportive and challenging environment to enable you to learn and thrive. You will leave the course with a well-rounded knowledge base of social and community work.
You will study a varied range of modules are offered to help give a solid foundation for many areas of work. You will also be able to complete a placement to help link the theory and practice together and build confidence as well as gaining essential work skills.
Stage 1 (total 120 credits):
- Law Policy and Ethical Practice in Health and Social Care*
- Demonstrating Professional Principles and Values in Health and Social Care Practice*
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: A Whole Person Approach*
- Fundamentals of Evidence-based Practice*
- Inspiring Young People/
- Youth and Community Work/
- Sociological Approaches in Social and Community Work/
/Centre Selected Specialist units
Entry to this course requires a BTEC Level 3 qualification in Health and Social Care (or related subject).
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject. This profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as Maths and English
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- An international equivalent of the above.
You will be assessed through coursework.
You will complete 225 hours of relevant work experience related to the course. Gaining relevant work experience in this field will set you on the path to your dream career.
Successful completion of this course can lead to progression to a related Higher National Diploma. You can also progress to further study or employment in the area of Social Work and Community Work.
Full-time: £8,000. Part-time: Pro rata rate depending on intensity of study* *Intensity of Study refers to the amount of credits being studied in the academic year.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.