Higher National Certificate in Computing (Data Analytics)
Pearson Higher National Certificate in Computing (Data Analytics)
University, Level 4
1 year Full-time, 2 years Part-time
Full-time or Part-time
Advanced Technology Centre
This course will equip you with skills, knowledge and understanding to help you establish your career in the global computing sector. You will develop essential computing knowledge as well as learning specific information relating to data analysis. Learn how to gain meaningful information from a data set, understand and develop website design and development as well as programming techniques.
You will benefit from partnerships with key industry professionals including CISCO, AWS Academy and CompTIA as well as the opportunity to visit specialist events such as the IPExpo in Manchester, Tech Huddle and Leeds Digital Job Fair.
You will study specialist topics such as:
- Strategic Information Systems
- Data Analytics
- Website Design & Development
- Advanced Programming for Data Analysis and Big Data Analytics
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- A BTEC Level 3 qualification in Computing (or a related subject)
- A GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject; this profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as Maths and English
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- An Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- An international equivalent of the above
One core 15-credit unit at Level 4 will be assessed by a mandatory Pearson-set assignment targeted at particular skills. All other units are assessed by centre-devised internal assignments.
Although this course does not directly offer work experience, there are opportunities for you to undertake a work placement or work experience during your time studying on this course.
Additionally, practical and hands-on skills have been built into the design of this course meaning that you will have the opportunity to use relevant contexts, scenarios and materials to enable you to develop a portfolio of evidence demonstrating the breadth of their skills and knowledge in a way that equips you for employment.
Career progression can include further study or careers in:
- Software Engineering
- Data Analytics
- Network Engineering
- Applications Development and Testing
Progress with us, view our higher level courses.
You will have the opportunity to visit conferences, seminars and events during your time on the course. These visits include:
- IPExpo in Manchester
- Leeds Tech User Group
- Tech Huddle in Manchester
- Leeds Digital Job Fair
- UK World Skills
- JISC Digifest
Full-time: £8,000 per year.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.