Component Removal and Replacement in Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
City & Guilds Level 3 Award in Component Removal and Replacement in Electric and Hybrid Vehicles
Adult, Level 3
Bowling Back Lane
Our Level 3 qualification is designed for people looking to develop their knowledge and skills to allow them to safely carry out the removal and replacement of components on electric vehicle systems.
This qualification covers the competence and knowledge to safely carry out the removal and replacement of components in isolated high voltage systems in an electric vehicle. High voltage systems include the powertrain and ancillary systems.
- Understand the operation of electric vehicle systems
- Understand the features, function and construction of electric vehicle components and alternative fuel systems
- Understand the electrical and electronic principles relating to low and high voltage systems and components
- Understand the importance of adhering to health and safety legislation, regulations, guidelines, and workplace procedures and know how to work safely around electric vehicles
- Understand the hazards associated with working on electric vehicles and how to minimise risk to yourself and others when removing and replacing components in an electric vehicle
- Understand how to test, remove, and replace components in an electric vehicle
Entry to this course requires a Level 2 qualification or above in a related area, or have relevant knowledge and experience in automotive studies.
Assessment includes successful completion of the multiple-choice questions for the essential knowledge and the practical assessment task for the skills.
Successful completion of this course can lead to further study or employment. Careers include:
- Specialist Technician in hybrid and electric vehicle maintenance and repair.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.