Contact us

Email Admissions: [email protected]

Or email the PGCE Secondary team: [email protected]

Frequently asked questions

You are expected to have a good knowledge of your subject, normally to degree level; at least half your degree needs to be in your chosen school subject. However we may also look at your A level subjects, particularly if you wish to teach a shortage subject (for example someone with an economics degree and A*/A/B grade maths A levels wanting to teach maths).

You may still be able to teach even if your degree is not in a national curriculum subject. It helps if you can show that your degree included a lot of content which does relate to a national curriculum subject.

If you don’t have the relevant knowledge, there are Subject Knowledge Enhancement courses to bring your knowledge up to the required level in certain subjects (currently Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Modern Foreign Languages, Computing, Design and Technology).

For more information, visit the Department for Education’s Get Into Teaching website.


It is unlikely that any provider will accept applicants for teacher training with a third class degree; particularly for Primary teaching and Secondary subjects which are not considered a shortage.


We will accept qualifications gained overseas but only once their equivalence has been confirmed by UK National Academic Recognition Information Centre (NARIC).

It is the applicant’s responsibility to apply to UK NARIC and to inform us about the decision about the equivalency of their qualifications. We will then consider the application according to its usual procedures.

Bradford College has collaborated with Cloudlearn to offer a range of online GCSE courses to those without suitable qualifications in Maths and English. Explore the courses available here. If you don't have the necessary GCSEs in Maths and English, you may be able to do a short course through


Bradford College must see your original certificates. If you cannot find them, you should contact the awarding body of your qualifications for a confirmation or re-issue of certificates.


No. All applications for PGCE courses have to be made through the UCAS Teaching Training website.


You will receive a formal offer letter from the College outlining the conditions of your offer about a week after UCAS Track is updated.


Yes. You will need to apply through Student Finance England.


Yes. There are bursaries and scholarships available. The amount payable will depend on what degree classification you have achieved. Visit the Department for Education website for further information.


Yes, unless you are already subscribed to the DBS up-date service. You can then give us permission to carry out an online status check of your DBS Certificate by showing your DBS certificate and providing the certificate number, your name and date of birth, together with 3 forms of accepted ID.


Yes you will need to pass these before you can enrol on the course. Find out more.


The Department for Education website has lots of information through the Get Into Teaching website.

If you need further information please contact admissions in order to find out if they would consider your particular qualifications or for further clarification.