Discretionary Financial Support For Higher Education Students
The Bradford College Access to Learning Fund is a discretionary fund for students who find themselves in financial hardship and require extra financial support to remain on their Higher Education course.
Who Can Apply For Help?
- Students who are classed as 'home students'
- Students who have applied for all statutory support to which they are entitled (Student Tuition Fee Loan/Student Maintenance Loan)
- Students who are studying an eligible full-time, undergraduate or PGCE course
Further details regarding eligibility criteria can be found within the Notes of Guidance issued with the Bradford College Access to Learning Fund Application Form.
What Type Of Support Is Available?
- End of Term Grant: This is a small grant for students who run out of money before the end of the Autumn or Spring term.
- Standard Grant: This is a small grant for students who find themselves with unexpected payments/short tem financial difficulties.
- Hardship Grant: This offers more substancial grants for students in more serious financial difficulties.
- DSA Laptop Top-up Grant: This is for students who receive the DSA but have to contribute £200 towards the cost of a laptop.
See the application pack for full eligibility criteria.