Printed from: https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/study/university-centre/research
Scholarly Activity and Research
We Are Actively Engaged In Scholarly Activity and Research
Bradford College actively encourages staff to engage in scholarly activity, both subject specific and pedagogic. The forms of activity in which staff engage are diverse, but typically include: action research, applied research, attendance at conferences and colloquia, conference presentations/workshops, consultancy, curriculum development, exhibitions, higher level qualifications, industrial or commercial secondments, subject updating and writing for publication. Staff also represent the College on subject networks and professional bodies, take part in professional updating and engage in a range of other activities aimed at keeping the College up-to-date on subject area developments and on teaching and learning.
Many of our courses, particularly at Higher Education level, have a research component, and we place importance on the teaching of good research practice. A number of Bradford College staff are engaged in research projects, and have had research published in books and journals on a range of topics.
- Epicurious: This is our college e-journal produced by our academic staff, and which reflects our various areas of scholarship.
- Research bulletin: Read about some of our research and scholarly activity in the Bradford College Research Bulletin
- Internal staff research grants: We run an annual small grants programme to enable staff to explore areas of interest that also help the College develop its teaching and learning practice.
- Conferences and other events: We hold events that profile research and scholarly activity carried out by Bradford College staff and others. See details
- Research ethics: The College has a research ethics policy, procedure and committee, and aims to ensure that students who do research gain a sound understanding of the importance of ethics.
- Library resources and support: our library staff provide support to College staff and students engaged in research. They can assist with digital search skills, advise on copyright and plagiarism, and provide guidance on writing for publication.
- Our Textile Archive is an excellent resource for research by our students, staff and external academic and industry researchers. See details
For Further Information On:
- Research at Bradford College: Dr Graham N Stevens, Dean: Scholarship and Research; [email protected]
- Scholarly activity at Bradford College: Dr Graham N Stevens, Dean: Scholarship and Research; [email protected]
- Research ethics and the research ethics committee: Jane George, Head of Faculty Social Care and Community Practice; [email protected]
- Internal research grants and research bulletin: Dr Graham N Stevens, Dean: Scholarship and Research; [email protected]