Printed from: https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/study/getahead
Get Ahead Programmes
New Course: Get Ahead
An exciting new 10 week course called Get Ahead has just launched to support skills and employment development and guarantee progression onto a full-time course at Bradford College.
The year round opportunity will develop your learning and skills and you can enrol outside normal term dates. There has never been a better time to Get Ahead – so apply and enrol this month and make a head start on your studies.
What is Get Ahead?
If you want extra help to get back into learning, to improve your study skills and to progress onto a full-time course in September. Get Ahead will enable you to enrol at College throughout the year with regular monthly start dates.
Get Ahead will give you a head start in your chosen career pathway and is the first step to progressing through to a Level 3 qualification.
You will benefit from:
- Appropriate advice and guidance prior to starting the course
- Undertaking a Skills Assessment to see if you would benefit from any additional academic support
- The opportunity to gain valuable work experience in your chosen vocational subject, alongside membership of the Bradford College+ scheme, which develops the skills, attitudes and values employers look for
- Maths and English, or Functional Skills classes to improve your skills and bring you up to the level required for progression onto higher level qualifications
- Receiving a City & Guilds Award, which is a recognised qualification that will support progression onto your chosen full-time programme
- Participation and successful completion of the programme will guarantee you a place on a full-time course starting in September.
- 30 hours study in class per week
- 4 days per week in college (9am - 3pm, with breaks for lunch/tea included).
- Practical vocational experience (in college)
- Vocational work experience (with employers in an industry setting)
- Developing team working and enterprise skills
- Presentation skills
- Employability skills
Successful completion of the Get Ahead programme will guarantee you a place on the programme of your choice at the appropriate level, which will lead to you achieving a Level 3 qualification at Bradford College.
Planned start dates:
- 1st March 2017
- 3rd April 2017
- 1st May 2017
- 1st June 2017
Interested in finding out more, or applying?
To find out more or to apply for the Get Ahead Programme please contact our friendly Student Recruitment Team on tel. 01274 433333 or apply now online.