A personal approach
If you don’t feel comfortable in a large College environment, and want a personalised approach with more support, take a look at Forster College, part of Bradford College.
Forster College strongly believes that every individual should have the opportunity to return to education, access training or employment. We have designed courses and services to work with people who need to address and overcome barriers to engage with education, training or employment.
Forster College offers an alternative way into education
Working with small groups of around 12 learners in a classroom, you can study at our premises at City Training Services, in Little Germany, Bradford, or out in communities. Our learners often tell us they love that staff know their names, that they feel safe, welcome and that the learning environment is friendly. Being small and bespoke allows the Forster College team to take the time to understand your needs and goals and to work with you to achieve them, whatever your starting point.
Forster College provides support and guidance to encourage you to progress and improve your skills and confidence, to let you succeed in learning and life.
Improving the lives of individuals by addressing their barriers to learning and supporting access to education, training and employment opportunities.
We help support adults with:
- Low English, Maths and ICT skills
- Low confidence
- A lack of vocational work experience, skills or qualifications
- Negative past learning experiences
- Anxieties about learning and work
- Language skills
- Overcoming barriers to gaining employment.
Why are we different?
- You, as an individual, are our focus
- We have a small friendly caring staff team
- We have small classes, usually less than 12
- We have courses starting all year round
- We actively reach out to those who might feel isolated and disengaged.
What we can offer you
- Support into further learning or employment
- English, Maths and ICT skills development
- Learning in your own community
- Confidence building
- Accredited vocational qualifications
- Advice and guidance.