Our information pages aim to give students as much information as possible on what financial support is available to new and continuing students and what financial support students may be eligible to receive. 

For further information or advice on the Student Loans Company, please contact HE Student Finance. Call: 01274 088503 or email: [email protected]

Full-time UK undergraduate students

You can apply for a tuition fee loan to pay the fees and for support to help with your living costs. Students who ordinarily live in England can apply to Student Finance England for fee and living cost funding: www.gov.uk/studentfinance

Students who ordinarily live in Scotland can apply to the Student Awards Agency Scotland for funding: www.saas.gov.uk

Students who ordinarily live in Northern Ireland can apply to their local Education and Library Board for funding: www.studentfinanceni.co.uk 

Students who ordinarily live in Wales can apply to their local authority for funding: www.studentfinancewales.co.uk. 

Full-time European undergraduate students

If you are a national of a European Union (EU) country and have come to the UK to study, you may be able to get a tuition fee loan from Student Finance England. If you are an EU national who has lived in the UK for at least three years before the start of your programme or you have been working in the UK, you may also be eligible for support to help with your living costs.

Student Finance England can be contacted by calling: 0141 243 3570 or emailing: [email protected].

Home students starting in September 2019

Full-time students from Bradford College who have progressed onto a college HE programme will receive £500. When the Loyalty Bursary payment is received depends on what you are studying.

 Bradford College undergraduate support

The college is committed to providing additional financial support for its students through its bursary schemes

The criteria for bursary schemes are amended each year, so you should look at each specific bursary to find out what support might be available.

Social work bursaries

The Department of Health changed the way social work students are funded from the 2013/14 academic year.

Students who have received a bursary in a previous academic year and have not interrupted their studies will continue to be funded under the previous arrangement. You can apply for funding for tuition fee and living costs from Student Finance England (see above). In years 2 and 3 of the course there could also be a Social Work Bursary available from the NHS: http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/social-work-students 

There are also a limited number of scholarships available and you should speak directly with your department to find out more about the specific eligibility criteria.

Initial teacher training programmes

If you are on a full-time programme that leads to qualified teacher status you can apply to Student Finance England for a tuition fee loan and support with living costs, subject to your eligibility and personal circumstances. There are also limited bursaries available for students studying for a PGCE.

PGCE bursary

Students may be eligible for a tax-free bursary. The college will contact students prior to the start of the programme to give more information about the bursaries.

The value of the bursary depends on the subject being studied and the student’s degree classification and the study route. See PGCE Teacher Training Bursaries).

Masters students

For home and EU students, funding is available from Student Finance England to support you while you study a Masters course. Please see the Student Finance England website for more details on eligibility criteria and how to apply. 

Discretionary financial support for Higher Education students

The Bradford College Access to Learning Fund is a discretionary fund for students who find themselves in financial hardship and require extra financial support to remain on their Higher Education programme.

Who can apply for help?

  • Students who are classed as 'home students'
  • Students who have applied for all statutory support to which they are entitled (Student Tuition Fee Loan/Student Maintenance Loan)
  • Students who are studying an eligible full-time, Higher Education programme

Further details regarding eligibility criteria can be found in the Notes of Guidance issued with the Bradford College Access to Learning Fund Application Form.

What type of support is available?

  • Help for students who may be considering giving up their programme because of financial problems
  • Grants to help students who are in financial hardship
  • Grants for programme (excluding tuition fees) and living costs which are not already met from statutory (or other) sources of funding
  • Emergency payments for an unexpected financial crisis
  • Support for students with disabilities or learning difficulties