City Training Services’ Apprenticeship programme helps learners gain on-the-job training, study for a qualification and earn money while they learn. An apprenticeship is an excellent way for young people to gain practical experience, skills and knowledge which cab utilised within your workplace.
Employing an apprentice will benefit your company in a number of ways including:
- Filling a skills gap
- Gaining a fresh perspective
- Retaining existing staff
- It is a cost effective recruitment model
- Boosting productivity
As an employer of an apprentice your responsibilities are:
- You must pay apprentices at least the national minimum wage.
- Apprentices under 19, or who are over 19 and in the first year of their apprenticeship, must be paid at least the national minimum wage for apprentices.
- Apprentices should be employed for at least 30 hours per week. Where the individual’s circumstances or the particular nature of employment in a given sector makes this impossible, then an absolute minimum of 16 hours must be met.
- An apprenticeship agreement must be signed by both the employer and the apprentice.
Meet the employers
Employer View - give your feedback
As a provider we are constantly striving to improve the service we provide to our students and to their employers.
Ofsted provide a facility which allows employers to give feedback on colleges or training providers who deliver education and training to their employees. It gives you the opportunity to tell Ofsted what you think about the services provided by Bradford College and City Training Services.
Ofsted use this information to help decide which providers they will inspect and at what time and they require that we publicise this information. The College and City Training Services also use this information to maintain standards and support improvement.
The survey is brief asking five questions and we would be extremely grateful if you could take the time to give your feedback. You will find the survey by clicking below.You will need to register and log in the give your views.
For more information on employing apprentices, please contact City Training Services on:
39/41 Chapel Street
Call: 01274 728316