An inspirational place to learn
Colleges provide high-quality, professional, technical and specialist education and training. Attending college provides exciting new experiences and opens you up to an education that challenges you and inspires you in new ways.
Bradford College Sixth Form offers a wealth of GCSE and A Level courses, taught by motivated, professional and industry-experienced tutors. It's a great alternative to staying on at school.
With diverse career-focussed courses, Bradford College gives you the edge to progress on to Higher Education, employment or career advancement.
In 2016 our A Level students achieved fantastic results:
- 100% pass rates (in 9 out of 15 courses)
- 98% overall pass rate
- 98% pass rates in English and Maths
If academic studies are not for you, our vocational courses offer professional and practical skills training, with lots of hands-on activities and the opportunity for work placements/experience. Our tutors bring years of industry expertise into the classroom and they are passionate about developing your skills and knowledge to prepare you for work or further studies.
Our apprenticeship partner, City Training Services, are also on hand with a huge range of exciting apprenticeships, designed to offer on-the-job training alongside some classroom delivery.
So, whether you are studying to move onto University, or to secure a job or promotion, the Bradford College Group has the right course to help you achieve your goals.
Top 10 reasons to choose Bradford College
- We are celebrating 185 years of providing Education, Enterprise and Employment in Bradford and we are proud of our history for delivering quality education to our communities.
- We offer quality training, courses and apprenticeships to young people aged from 14 to 90+. 4,000 students, aged 16-18, study Sixth Form and College courses at Bradford College each year, making us one of the largest colleges in the country.
- Our award-winning, multi-million pound campus offers state-of-the-art facilities and resources – including free Wi-Fi, thousands of learning resources, media services, arts and creative industry spaces, a gallery, media suite, science labs, sports and gym facilities alongside commercial salons and a restaurant.
- Our courses cover a huge range of subjects in qualifications ranging from Access and GCSEs, to A Levels, BTEC and Vocational Courses, to degree-level courses, including Undergraduate and Postgraduate degrees.
- We offer an award-winning Students Union that provides a range of activities and opportunities for learners aged 16+.
- Every full-time Further Education student is assigned a Progress Coach, to monitor progress, deliver tutorials and track achievements.
- Our support teams are available for all students and provide a range of services including: Careers Guidance, Information and Advice Services, Finance Support and Learning Support alongside a ‘Student Base’.
- Beacon Placements and Recruitment Services is our in-house recruitment team. They place hundreds of students into work experience/placements each year and offer help with CV writing, application submission and recruitment services.
- We deliver an extensive enrichment and equality and diversity programme. Each year we celebrate and recognise key events, including Black History Month, Dementia Awareness, LGBT Awareness, International Women’s Month, Mental Health Awareness and Autism Awareness Week. Staff and students take part in a huge range of events and activities to raise awareness of important issues and funds for numerous charities.
- Our teaching staff are industry experts, able to demonstrate their knowledge and passion for their subject inside and outside the classroom. Our courses are developed to meet employer needs and many of our students have gone on to secure successful roles within international, national, regional and local employers.