Grants are available for young people living in England and Wales from low-income backgrounds, to help them gain vocational, accredited qualifications.
We offer grants of up to £1,500 for people aged 16 to 26, to take courses (up to level 3) that will help them move into employment. Funding can be given for course fees, equipment/materials, travel costs, childcare and living costs.
We can consider you for funding if you are:
- Aged 16 – 26 (on the date your course starts)
- Living and studying in England and Wales
- A British citizen, asylum seeker or refugee, or have you lived in the UK for 3 years
- Taking an accredited, vocational training course up to level 3*.
- From a low income household*
*More information about these items can be found here: https://www.skinners.org.uk/grants-and-trusts/atwell/
In addition to our criteria, we will consider certain priorities when the fund is experiencing high demand:
- Fewer existing qualifications
- Little or no past working experience
- Lower income households
We Don’t Fund
- Any course that is not vocational or accredited
- Secondary education (including studying for GCSEs or A Levels – unless returning to education as an adult)
- University or postgraduate degrees
- Individuals who already have a university or postgraduate degree
- A course at a private dance/drama college
- Overseas courses
If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact us:
E: [email protected] | T: 020 7213 0561
How To Apply
Please visit https://www.skinners.org.uk/grants-and-trusts/atwell/ for details of how to apply.