Our friendly and experienced team can offer confidential support to any College student
A Student Welfare Advisor is available through Student Services, Ground Floor, David Hockney Building. You can make an appointment if you want to speak to an adviser in confidence.
In addition, Connexions Personal Advisers are on hand. Their service is available to any 16-19 year old students, and to 16-24 for students with a disability.
How we help
It doesn’t matter what the issue is – we are here to help with confidential and impartial advice and support.
- Advice and guidance: Student Welfare and Support Officers are here for students to provide confidential, impartial advice and guidance if you need someone to talk to
- On course support: Help to enable you to keep up with your studies, through improving your organisational skills, timekeeping and workload management
- Personal development: Information, advice and guidance to help you flourish while you study with us
- Finding the right help: We are in touch with a number of organisations that offer specialist help free of charge to students, and we can advise you about these and help you get in touch if you want.
- Risk of harm or abuse: We have specialist support for students who are at risk of harm or abuse. You can contact us as well if you are worried about someone you know.
The College's Student Welfare Advisor at Bradford College offers a confidential service and we will not disclose information to a third party without your consent, unless the Student Welfare and Support Officer thinks that you, or someone else, is at risk of serious harm. If that is the case we may need to speak to another person. We will make every effort to discuss this with you first.
How to get in touch
- John Harmasch - the College's Student Welfare Advisor
- Location: Student Service, Ground Floor, David Hockney Building
- Telephone: 01274 433043
- Find out more about the Connexions Personal Advisers.