Student safety and wellbeing is an essential duty for Bradford College
Safeguarding is about doing everything we can to make sure our students and staff are kept safe and are able to achieve their aspirations. Good health and wellbeing are also essential for our students to achieve their aspirations.
We adhere to all government guidance statutory guidance to colleges on what must be done, and pride ourselves on going above and beyond to make College a safe, happy environment for all. All College users are treated with respect and dignity and feel safe and listened to.
Guidance for students:
The safeguarding office is located on first floor David Hockney Building, room 9 and is open from Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm.
Our specialist safeguarding and wellbeing team can provide support for example if:
- Something or someone is making you feel really unhappy
- Somebody is making you do things that you don't want to do
- A situation you are in feels dangerous, risky or uncomfortable
- You are worried about a friend, classmate, brother, sister or other family member
- You have feeling of not being able to cope
- You feel over whelmed
- You have feelings of low mood
- You feel anxious
- You have worrying thoughts and emotions
What we will do ....
- Listen to you
- Believe you
- Keep you safe and out of danger
- Help you find the best way forward
- Explain to you if we need to involve anybody else
We will not judge you or tell anyone that doesn't need to know. We are here to support and help you
Remember its ok to talk.