Mental Health and Well-being Support
We recognise that there are times when everyone needs someone to talk to. We have an established mental health support service to ensure learners with a diagnosed mental health condition are awarded the same opportunities in achieving their learning potential. Our Specialist Advisors provide a nonjudgemental and confidential service, offering a range of advice and information about mental health issues and ensure reasonable adjustments are made throughout your education.
We will provide a Learning Support Agreement outlining the support that has been agreed.
Examples of support offered:
- One-to-one sessions with a Well-being Advisor
- Learning Assistant support
- Excellent links with appropriate external agencies, such as the Counselling Service
- Creating information resources for students and staff
- Exam arrangements (e.g. rest breaks, separate rooms)
- Transition support, such as help with filling in application forms and support throughout enrolment
- Challenging discriminatory attitudes and behaviours
In addition we have a dedicated study support area in the main David Hockney Building. As a supported student you can come here to meet your learning support tutors. You can also access the PCs and Macs
that have a range of specialist software.