Support for students with social and emotional needs
We provide support to students who have evidence of social and emotional needs.
We will arrange for an assessment of need to take place where we will discuss with you: the support you had previously; any support requirements you may have now; and how you want your support to work in college.
We will provide a Learning Support Agreement outlining the support that has been agreed.
Examples of support offered:
- One-to-one tutorial time with specialist tutor
- Assistive technology (e.g. digital recorders, reading software)
- Learning Assistant support
- Extended library loans and additional allowances
- Exam arrangements (e.g. rest breaks, separate rooms)
- Support for various conditions (including anger issues, ADHD, anxiety, depression)
In addition we have a dedicated study support area in the main David Hockney Building. As a supported student you can come here to meet your learning support tutors. You can also access the PCs and Macs
that have a range of specialist software.