Support for Students with Physical Disabilities
We provide support to students who have evidence of a physical disability (including temporary physical disabilities). We will arrange for an assessment of need to take place where we will discuss with you: the
support you had previously; any support requirements you may have now; and how you want your support to work in college.
We will provide a Learning Support Agreement outlining the support that has been agreed.
Examples of support offered:
- One-to-one tutorial time with specialist tutor
- Assistive technology (e.g. adapted keyboards, specialist software)
- Learning Assistant support
- Personal care
- Extended library loans and additional allowances
- Emergency protocols for first aid situations
- Exam arrangements (e.g. reader/scribe, separate room, extra time, rest breaks)
- Advice on personal emergency evacuation plans
In addition we have a dedicated study support area in the main David Hockney Building. As a supported student you can come here to meet your learning support tutors. You can also access the PCs and Macs
that have a range of specialist software.