Are you Visually Impaired or Blind?
We provide support to students who have evidence of a visual impairment. We will arrange for an assessment of need to take place where we will discuss with you: the support you had previously; any support requirements you may have now; and how you want your support to work in college.
Examples of support offered:
- One-to-one tutorial time with specialist tutor
- Assistive technology (e.g. Jaws, NVDA, Zoomtext, SuperNova)
- Specialist equipment (e.g. magnifiers,large keyboards)
- Specialist resources (e.g. Braille, large print, tactile diagrams)
- Learning Assistant support
- Sighted guide
- Orientation sessions as required
- Extended library loans and additional allowances
- Exam arrangements (e.g. extra time, separate room, reader/scribe, modified papers)
- Advice for emergency evacuation procedure
In addition we have a dedicated study support area in the main David Hockney Building. As a supported student you can come here to meet your learning support tutors. You can also access the PCs and Macs that have a range of specialist software.