Support for students with Autistic Spectrum Conditions
Our specialist Support Team has a wealth of experience and is dedicated to providing high qualitym student specific support. The Well-being Team supports learners on the autistic spectrum, including Asperger’s, with a flexible and individualised support package. We will provide a Learning Support Agreement outlining the support that has been agreed.
We will provide a Learning Support Agreement outlining the support that has been agreed.
Examples of support offered:
- One-to-one sessions with a Well-being Advisor
- Learning Assistant support
- Exam arrangements (e.g. rest breaks, separate rooms)
- Transition support, such as help with filling in application forms and support throughout enrolment
- Support with coursework
- Time management
- Emotional well-being advice and support
- Peer and relationship building and social opportunities to help support you
This support is very flexible and can change over time if you need additional help or as you move towards greater independence. In addition we have a dedicated study support area in the main David Hockney Building. As a supported student you can come here to meet your learning support tutors. You can also access the PCs and Macs that have a range of specialist software.