Frequently Asked Questions

How do I apply for a course?

  • For Higher Education (HE) courses you need to apply through UCAS. This also applies to current Bradford College HND students applying for a top up. Please go to HE admissions for further details or log in to UCAS.
  • To apply for a Further Education (FE) course you can either use our online application form or apply through UCAS Progress if you are a school leaver.
  • For our community courses, please contact Bolton Royd SID office on 01274 433600.

How do I fund my course?

  • Our Student Finance team are here to  provide information, advice and guidance about your student finance.
  • Advanced learning loans for students aged 19 and over studying a Level 3/4 Further Education course to support the tuition fees.
  • To apply for student finance loans to support your HE course (tuition fee loans/ maintenance loans/grants), please apply direct to Student Finance England.

I have a learning disability and/or difficulty. What support is available to me?

We offer a wide range of support. For more information visit our Disability Services and Learning Support pages.

I am an international student, can I apply for a course at college?

Our Student Administration team will be able to help you.

How do I find the right course for me?

Where can I get careers advice?

Careers Advisers are here to provide impartial information, advice and guidance. Please contact us for an appointment.

I have a complaint, what do I do?

We are sorry to hear that you have had an unsatisfactory experience and are considering a complaint.

Please see our Complaints section for further information. You can also resolve your issue with assistance from our Student Services and Students' Union representatives.

What financial support can I get as a student at Bradford College?

Depending on your age and what course you are studying will mean different financial support is available.

  • The advisors in the student Finance team will be able to provide you with further details, including Learning Support Fund, NSP and other sources of funding.
  • Students Union advisors can help with a personal benefit advice , debt advise, help with student finance, budgeting tips, student council tax.
  • Connexions can support you with personal financial issues, benefit advice up to 18 years of age and other concerns around funding.
  • Student Welfare and Support can help with applications for funding, budgeting advice, student finance advice and will signpost appropriately.
  • Please contact FE or HE admissions for further information on course fees and fee remissions.

Where can I get help with personal issues that are affecting my studies?

There are many people you can talk to in confidence here at college. You may want to talk to your tutor or other support staff. Here in Student Services, we provide a confidential service to students and will only share information with your consent unless a member of staff thinks that you, or someone else, is at risk of serious harm, then they may need to speak to another person.

They will make every effort to discuss this with you first. To speak to someone in confidence, please contact;

How do I contact Student Services?

If you need any further information, please contact one of the services below.

ServiceTelephone numberE-mail address
Careers Guidance01274 088221[email protected]
Student Finance01274 088214[email protected]
Students Union01274 088007[email protected]
Disability Services and Learning Support01274 438999[email protected]

When are you open?

Student Services are open all year around, Monday–Thursday 8.30am–5.00pm and Friday 8.30am–4.30pm.

You can also reach us on email or social media and we will reply to your query as soon as possible.

Do I need an appointment?

During term time there are drop in sessions available in most buildings for Students' Union and Careers Guidance to help with any quick queries. Please contact us for more information, or visit the Students' Union Advice page for details on drop-in sessions.