Postgraduate study at University Centre Bradford College
Why study at postgraduate level?
A postgraduate qualification is a great way to enhance your career prospects. Postgraduate study is perfect if you are looking to stand out from the crowd, whether that is in your current field of work or if you’re seeking a new direction. So if you’re ambitious and determined to climb the career ladder, postgraduate study is the next step for you!
Flexible study options
There is no need to sacrifice your career or family time to study at postgraduate level, as many of our postgraduate courses are offered on a full or part-time basis, which means you can fit your studies around other commitments.
At University Centre Bradford College we offer a number of Postgraduate courses, which are listed below:
- Education/Leadership & Management/Inclusive Practice/Early Childhood/ICT MEd
- ILM NVQ Level 7 Strategic Management and Leadership Diploma
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education and Training (In-Service)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education and Training (Pre-Service)
- Primary PGCE
- Secondary PGCE. Areas covered include: Biology; Chemistry; Citizenship; Computer Science; Design Technology; English; Mathematics; Media Studies; Modern Foreign Languages; Physics; Physics with Mathematics; Psychology; RE; Science; Social Sciences
Continue your studies with us and receive a 25% discount*
Are you an undergraduate student at Bradford College University Centre and keen to progress? As University Centre alumni you will be eligible to receive 25% discount off some Masters courses.
*Discount applies to home and EU students only. Students must be Bradford College alumni.
PGCE students may be eligible for three types of funding:
1. Tuition fee loan and maintenance loan
2. Tax free bursary/scholarship
3. Extra financial support for parents or students with disabilities
For further information please see www.getintoteaching.education.gov.uk/funding-my-teaching-training
New postgraduate loan
In 2016 Student Finance England announced loans for postgraduate study for UK residents. This means that for the 2019/20 academic year you might be eligible for a loan of up to £10,609.
Do I qualify?
In order to qualify for a postgraduate loan there are a number of factors that need to be considered before you apply.
- It can be taught or research based study that either is full time (1-2 years) or part time (2-4 years)
- You must be under 60 years of age on the first day of your academic year of your course.
- If you already have a master’s degree, or a qualification that’s an equivalent or higher, you won’t be eligible
How do I apply for a postgraduate loan?
- If you have already had funding for an undergraduate course then good news! You don’t need to register again and can use your current customer reference number.
- If you need to register then follow the step-by-step process on www.gov.uk/postgraduateloan
When will I receive my postgraduate loan?
- Once your application has been processed by Student Finance you will receive a confirmation letter confirming how much Postgraduate Loan you are eligible for.
- The confirmed amount is then paid into your bank account in 3 instalments throughout the academic year.
How will my repayments work?
- If your course is full time then your repayments will begin in the April you complete your course. If you are a part-time student you will start repaying in the April after the second year of your course.
- No repayments will be taken before April 2019 and then you will only start the repayments once your income is over the threshold.
- If you have any undergraduate loans you will pay these back at the same time. - The amount you pay back will depend solely on your income. You will repay 6% of anything earnt above the £21,000 threshold before tax.
|Income each year||Gross monthly salary||Monthly repayment|
Call: 01274 088008