Need one-to-one help with your enrolment?
To complete your enrolment, progress your enrolment or to transfer courses, pop down to the College (The David Hockney Building – Salon Entrance on Great Horton Road) for Enrolment Support, 11am–3pm Monday – Thursday.
To support young people (16-18 school leavers) wanting to study a full-time Further Education Course (Entry Levels up to Level 3, including A Levels) and adults age 18+ wanting to study a Higher Education/Degree (Levels 4+, including HNC/Ds, Foundation Degree and Undergraduate Degree programmes), we will be offering walk-in enrolment support, with no need to book.
- We will aim to provide a full enrolment service during these times, where possible. Outside of these hours, you may be expected to wait/queue.
- A twilight service is available alternate Tuesday & Wednesday evenings ONLY until 7pm, see list below for dates.
- Enrolment support will be provided online and via email and phone on Fridays. Please DO NOT VISIT COLLEGE ON FRIDAYS as all campus buildings will be closed to enable a weekly deep clean, in line with our covid-safety measures (learning continues online on Fridays).
What to bring
If you are 19+ and your course attracts fees, you will need to familiarise yourself with the fee and any remission you are entitled to. You will be asked to pay the fee in full, set-up a direct debit mandate, or to provide evidence that you are entitled to fee remissions. Find out what documents you need to be able to enrol, and REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR EVIDENCE (letters, emails, loan application, benefits entitlement etc.) with you in order to complete your enrolment. If you need to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan read more here.
If you are 18+ and applying for a HE/Degree course and you are not paying the tuition fee, you will be asked to provide evidence that you have applied for a Student Loan (this can be an email acknowledgement or copy of your loan application).
Enrolment help will be available in a Covid-safe manner between 11am – 3pm Monday – Thursday. Please use the Salon entrance on Great Horton Road.
Visit us up until 7pm on alternate Tuesday & Wednesday evenings:
- Tuesday 22 September, until 7pm
- Wednesday 30 September, until 7pm
- Tuesday 6 October, until 7pm
- Wednesday 14 October, until 7pm
How walk-in support works
Our Walk-in Support will be hosted at The David Hockney Building (DHB) and is ONLY for applied and enrolling students, or people wishing to apply/enrol.
Please be aware that you may need to wait/queue and some queues may be outside. We will do our best to see as many students as we can, as quickly as we can, but we ask for you to be patient and to observe social distancing. You will be asked to wear a face covering when entering the campus building and sanitising stations will be available to use on entry. Please note that you cannot attend with friends/family and there are no catering facilities available on-site currently.
Enrolled students should continue to complete online inductions and wait for your tutor to confirm your return to onsite learning and your welcome session from 21 September onwards. Students studying Construction, Engineering or Motor Vehicle at our Trinity Campus or Bowling Back Lane should continue learning online until w/c 29 September.
Which subjects can I get enrolment support for?
We can provide Enrolment Support at The David Hockney Building, Salon Entrance, for the following subjects:
Adults aged 19+ wanting Learning for Leisure and Community Courses should continue to apply, pay and enrol online. Or, call 01274 088008 / 088088 for help.
For Apprenticeships please visit: https://www.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/apprenticeships/
Still need help to complete your enrolment?
If you have already applied and you’re part-way through the process, but can’t make it to the campus for Walk-in Support, but still need help to complete your enrolment, you can use our new form to tell us whether you:
1. Want to enrol and know how to do this (you can then use the links within your email to complete your enrolment)
2. Want to complete your enrolment but need some help (you can request telephone support or a Covid-safe face-to-face appointment)
3. Want to complete your enrolment but need some face-to-face support (you can attend ‘Walk-in Support’ between 11am – 3pm Mon-Thurs and ‘til 7pm on alternate Tuesday & Wednesday evenings)
4. Want to withdraw your application (if you have changed your mind, decided to study elsewhere or no longer wish to enrol)
Visit: https://enquiries.bradfordcollege.ac.uk/forms/enrolmentoptions, and select one of the 4 options, to let us to help you with your enrolment, or withdraw your application.
Call 01274 088008 / 088088 if you still need help.