David Hockney Building, Bradford College, Great Horton Road, Bradford, BD7 1AY
Get ready for next year now at our Open Event!
Our open event aims to ‘bring careers to life’ by highlighting the exciting range of subjects we offer and the huge range of jobs, careers and training opportunities that our courses, apprenticeships, and degrees provide.
Plan your next steps after school, start afresh or take your first steps towards your dream career at our Open Event where our friendly tutors will talk to you about our subjects and let you know more about the types of careers, salaries you can earn in the future and what you can expect from our courses. You will also be given the chance to take part in hands-on activities, interactive sessions, presentations and quizzes and tours of our campus and facilities - including our University Centre buildings.
Are you ready to make your mark?
Get ready for next year now at our Open Event, there's a whole new world out there ready for you in 2020, whether you're thinking about what to do after your GCSEs or A levels or considering a change in your career, we have something available for you! This is the perfect chance for you to learn more about your options for next year and make an early application on the day.
You can learn about the huge range of Further Education courses we offer including GCSEs, A Levels, NVQs, Diplomas, BTECs and Apprenticeships.
We also welcome adult learners who may want to take up a new interest, learn something new or study for a promotion/career change on our part-time and learning for leisure courses.
What will you apply for?
Are you ready to progress with HE?
As one of the largest Colleges in the country, and a large provider of Higher Education (degree level study), including Teacher Training and Apprenticeships we offer subjects to suit all interests, with great progression opportunities via routes into employment or further study. Our HE courses include HNCs, HNDs, Foundation Degrees Honours Degrees and even Postgraduate study, such as our Masters programmes and PGCEs.
UCAS Undergraduate applications are open for 2020 entry now. You can start your application today and make the first steps towards your chosen degree. You will have until 15 January 2020 to submit your completed application.
Please note that the application fee for 2020 entry is £20 if you’re applying for just one course, or £25 for multiple courses and for late applications sent after 30 June 2020. However, if you apply directly with us to study at our University Centre you will not have to pay any fee.
Why should you attend?
In addition to career zones and subject information stands, tutors and students will be on hand to talk to you about our course levels, progression opportunities and how to apply. Our friendly support teams can offer information on fees and finance, learning support and careers advice.
- Explore our state-of-the-art facilities and learning resources, including tours of our David Hockney Building
- Find out about different ways of studying (full or part-time)
- Visit our University Centre, and see our new and improved facilities in dedicated HE buildings, with interactive sessions and activities
- Find out about returning to education and studying at degree level (e.g. if you have taken a career break, been raising a family, or are looking to change careers/seek promotion)
- Find out how to apply for Higher Education (degree level) courses via UCAS Extra and Clearing or via our direct application route
- Talk to tutors about programmes of study, progression opportunities and English and maths
- Apply for a Further Education course to secure your place
- Learn about the services we offer – including careers advice, learning support, progress coaches and work placements
- Tour our open learning spaces, English & maths workshops alongside our learning resources/library and media suites
- Talk to City Training Services about Apprenticeships, Traineeships and commercial training
Visit our Open Event if you are:
- Ready to enter full or part-time Further Education
- Ready to start an Apprenticeship
- Ready to enter full-time Higher Education
- Ready to enter postgraduate study
- Ready to study a part-time Higher Education course
- Ready to find out more about our adult part-time and community courses
- Ready to receive careers advice, information and fees/finance guidance and support
Our top tips!
We want you to get the most out of your visit, so here's a list of handy tips to help you!
- Do your research - if you are interested in a particular course, check the entry requirements. Do you meet the criteria, or could there be a similar course at a different level that is better suited?
- Plan your travel - for public transport, please keep an eye on the First Bus website or Northern Rail for changes to local transport. If you are travelling by car, view our information about parking.
- Come prepared - bring a list of questions that you'd like to ask our staff, we're here to help you!
- Gather information - take home leaflets and prospectuses to help you make your decision.
- Talk to current/past students - our friendly student ambassadors will be there to answer any questions
- Chat to our Careers, Advice and Guidance and Finance teams - available to answer questions, offer advice and discuss support available to you.
- Bring a friend/family member - whether for moral support or so they can ask questions of their own.
- Take a campus tour - see for yourself the college campus and facilities. Just ask a member of staff for a tour.
Skip the queues and book now
Plan your visit - information about visitor parking and how to find us.