Higher National Certificate in Public Services
Uniformed and Protective Services
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Public Services
University, Level 4
1 year Full-time
- Unit 1: Organisational Structures and Culture
- Unit 2: Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Unit 3: Equality, Diversity and Fair Treatment
- Unit 4: Public Services in Contemporary Society (Pearson-set).
You will follow a general pathway undertaking the core units, any two specialist units, plus two optional units all set by the delivery team.
Specialist Pathway Units:
- Unit 5: Integrated Emergency Management
- Unit 6: Terrorism and Counter-terrorism
Crime and Criminal Justice:
- Unit 7: Law and Legal Systems
- Unit 8: Crime Reduction and Community Safety
Public Service Management:
- Unit 9: Project Management
- Unit 10: Government and Politics
Blue Light Services:
- Unit 11: Community Engagement
- Unit 12: Responding to Emergencies
- Unit 14: Crime and Substance Mis-use
- Unit 15: Modern Warfare and Conflict
- Unit 22: Fitness Preparation and Testing
- Unit 27: Psychology of Behaviour
- Unit 28: Small Scale Research Project in Public Services
Entry to this course requires an English and Maths qualification at Level 4 and a Level 3 in a related subject area. You will also be required to complete a screening interview.
Successful completion can lead to progression to further study or employment. You may choose to progress onto the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma in Public Services. Careers include:
- Police Officer
- Fire Service Officer
- Armed Forces
- Border Force
- Community Worker
- Ambulance Call Handler/Emergency Medical Dispatcher
- Other roles related to Public Services
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.