NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
The NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading provides students with the knowledge and understanding to successfully lead a team and to develop their knowledge in the understanding of business.
The course contains productive content to allow students to develop their skills in managing performance in the workplace, resolving conflict and developing relationships with colleagues. Students will learn the skills required to motivate team members through developmental activity. The course introduces you to legislation regarding health and safety in the workplace.
Unit 1 – Principles of Team Leading
• Leadership styles, team dynamics and team motivation
• Techniques used to manage the work of teams
• The impact of change management within a team
Unit 2 – Understanding Business
• Organisational structures and the business environment
• Principles of business planning and finance within an organisation
• Business reporting within an organisation
• Principles of management responsibilities and accountabilities within an organisation
Unit 3 – Understanding how to communicate work – related Information
• Principles and techniques of work related communication/meetings
Unit 5 – Understanding Customers
• Different types of customers
• The value of customers and their loyalty
Unit 6 – Understanding how to deliver customer service and resolve problems
• Customer service and delivery
• The relationship between customer service and brand
• Resolution of customer service problems
Unit 8 – Understanding how to develop working relationships with colleagues
• Principles of effective team working
• How to develop working relationships with other teams and departments
Unit 9 – Understanding health and safety procedures in the workplace
• Health and safety procedures in the workplace
Unit 13 – Understanding personal development
• The role of a team leader
• How to produce a personal development plan
To be eligible to study our courses students must be:
- Aged 19 or over (students under 19 may study our courses if they are employed. A letter of evidence from their employer stating the benefit of the course to their professional development must be submitted prior to enrolment)
- Currently living in England and have lived in the UK/EU for the last 3 years (non EU nationals must provide evidence of their passport/visa with their application)
- Students must not be studying another course, apprenticeship or traineeship with Bradford College or another education provider. There are exemptions to this depending on how the course is funded. Students in receipt of Advanced Learner Loans or student finance will be ineligible for our courses.
For more information, or if you are interested in one of our Distance Learning courses, please email [email protected]
01274 088 652
01274 088 529
01274 088 371
You must complete all assessments in the agreed timescales and submit these for marking to the Distance Learning Team by either post or email. Your work will then be sent to an assessor to be marked who will provide you with feedback along with advice and guidance to help you successfully complete the course. There is also support available from the office team. Upon successful complete of three assessments you will be awarded the NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading.
Successful completion of this course means that you will gain a nationally recognized qualification that can enable you to progress in your career. You may choose to progress to further study or employment in a team leader role.
Fees: There are no fees for this course as the College has secured funding and has agreed to waive all fees. Please note that when a student enrols on this course, they will be expected to complete the programme of study within the allocated timescales. Should a student not complete the course in full, they will be required to pay a fee to cover registration, administration fees and learning material costs.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.