This Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism is ideal for those wishing to develop and refine their skills in working with individuals with additional needs. You may also wish to work in Adult and Social Care.
The objectives of this qualification are to gain knowledge and understanding of autism, including:
• How to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism
• The current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time
• How to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism
• The range of therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions
• How to support communication and social interaction for individuals with autism
• How to develop an understanding of how individuals with autism may be vulnerable and the support worker’s role and responsibilities relating to safeguarding according to legislative requirements
Entry to this course is at the discretion of the centre. However, learners should be aged 16 or above to undertake this qualification.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 qualification in a related subject.
You do not need to be working to undertake this course as this is a knowledge-only qualification.
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor using a portfolio of evidence.
Successful completion of this course will enable learners to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of autism, which could support progression onto appropriate qualifications, and into relevant employment, in the Health and Social Care sector.
This qualification is funded through Advanced Learner Loans, and is fundable for learners aged 16-18.
Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service ay any time.