Certificate for Entry to the Uniformed Services
NCFE Level 3 Certificate for Entry to the Uniformed Services
Adult, School Leavers, Level 3
Trinity Green Building
This course is suited to learners with a genuine interest in a career within the Uniformed Protective Services including: Fire, Police, Ambulance, Prison, Customs and the Armed Services (British Army, Royal Air Force, Royal Navy and Royal Marines). This qualification is designed to support progression to further study and accessing higher education. It is also equally suited for learners to progress to employment in the uniformed protective services.
The course is stimulating and varied, as it combines classroom-based study with exciting practical and outdoor activities, alongside numerous experiences with the uniformed services themselves.
Learning is delivered through both theory and practical based sessions. Further learning will be carried out on work experience, from visiting guest speakers and on day visits and residential opportunities with the Uniformed Services. You will also be expected to take responsibility for independent study outside of your timetable, as directed by your tutors, using Moodle, the Virtual Learning Environment platform. You will develop skills in:
- Improved Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to Work Independently and in a Team
- Academic Writing, Research and Presentation Skills
- Time Management
- Personal Presentation / Appearance
- Instructional and Leadership Skills
You will benefit from:
- Access to free health and fitness facilities at Bradford College
- Lecturers who have a large amount of experience and have worked in uniformed public services
- Exciting work experience opportunities as the College has excellent links to various Uniformed Public Services
- Progress coaches and intervention officers to support your journey to success through your programme of study
- Prepare for a Career in a chosen Uniformed Service
- Develop Aspects of Physical Fitness for entry to the Uniformed Services
- Develop Leadership Skills
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Telecommunications in the Uniformed Services
- Understand Conflict Management and Personal Protection
- Sports Coaching
- Skills for Land-based Outdoor and Adventurous Activities
- Skills for Water-based Outdoor and Adventurous activities
- Outdoor and Adventurous Expeditions
- Understanding Discipline in the Uniformed Services
- Security Procedures in the Uniformed Services
Entry to this course requires GCSE Maths at a grade 4 or above and GCSE English at a grade 3 or above. As well as this, a related qualification e.g. BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Uniformed Public Services.
Your progress and work will be internally assessed and as well as an externally quality assured portfolio of evidence.
It is expected you will cover up to 80 hours work experience on the course. This will include specific placement on experiences with a range of uniformed services. Day visits, guest speakers / workshops and residentials with the Uniformed Services are all included within this timeframe and your tutors and our work placement officers will arrange these for you.
Successful completion of this course can lead to progression to further study and employment within the Uniformed Protective Services.
Please note you may also need:
- You will be advised to purchase the course uniform which can be viewed / tried on during the induction process and ordered / purchased online.
- You will also need appropriate training kit for practical activities in the gym / sports facilities.
- Pens, paper and any other relevant stationary, which needs to be brought to all lessons.
- The course text books are available to buy as a paper copy or can be accessed online, free of charge, as an e-book, once you have enrolled.
If you are 16 to 18 years old you won't have to pay tuition fees. If you're 19 or older you may need to pay a fee.
This is representative of the most common fees scenario, but actual fees can vary depending on a number of factors. Please contact us if you need more guidance.
If you have any questions or require any additional information, please contact [email protected]
Disclaimer: Our prospectus, college documents and website are simply here to offer a guide. We accept no liability for any inaccurate statements and are not responsible for any negative outcomes if you rely on an inaccurate statement. We reserve the right to withdraw any programmes or service at any time.